5th Annual TPES Variety Show
WAYS TO BE INVOLVED: SOLO ACT, GROUP ACT, FEATURED ACT or STAGE HAND
(Max 2 acts total and one solo per student, open to TK to 5th)
- Solo Acts (Instrument, Singing, Dancing, Skit, Other): Up to a maximum of 60 seconds. (Time limits will be enforced. Exceptions with permission from Directors only).
- Group Act with Friends: Two or more kids performing together. Up to a maximum of 120 seconds (Time limits will be enforced. Exceptions with permission from Directors only).
- Featured Group Acts: The students sign up to join one of the 3 featured group acts that are created by the Directors. (Priority to participate in a Featured Group Act will go to performers who are not in another act).
- Featured MCs: The students sign up to perform as Master of Ceremony (MC) (limited to 6 students, student will be auditioned for these parts).
- Off Stage Support: Want to participate but do not want to perform? We are looking for student stagehands, set design, costume design. Priority will be given to 4th or 5th grader (limited to 8 students).
***In order to avoid repeated music, we will be using a “first come, first serve” policy. If multiple acts want to use the same song, it will be granted to the act that signs up first.***
TO SIGN UP PLEASE REGISTER ONLINE: DEADLINE IS
FEBRUARY 18, 2020 FEBRUARY 25, 2020
- Go to https://tpesfoundation.org/varietyshow-signup (online registration only)
- Select the type of act you are interested in for your child (choose from the different tabs)
- Pick an available slot for a mandatory workshop/audition/meeting
- Click "submit and sign up"
- Fill out the required additional information
- Pay the $20 participation fee PER ACT (+ service fees). Scholarships available for financial hardship (contact Sara at email@example.com)
- Attend the mandatory workshop/audition/meeting
Every Solo Act or Group Act will be asked to attend at least one mandatory workshop to ensure a smooth and successful performance. Workshops are February 24 - March 27. You will sign up online, according to your child's availability. Acts will be performed in their entirety at the workshop.
- ALL acts must have completed a workshop BEFORE March 27th, which is the start of Spring Break.
- Any act that hasn’t completed a workshop with a director will NOT be in the show and money will NOT be refunded.
- Workshops are first come, first serve.
- Parents are expected to attend the workshops with their kids.
- Please sign up early to get your desired time.
VARIETY SHOW PRACTICES in the TPES Auditorium. Drop off or pick up from the Y is possible upon discussion with directors.
- TK/Kindergarten and 1st Grade – “An Independent Short” - Practices will be Tuesdays 7.45-8.20am (Feb 25, March 3, March 10, March 17, March 24, April 7, April 14, April 21); (with Kimber).
- 2nd and 3rd Grade – “Cinematic Dance Medley”- Practices will be Thursdays 7:30-8.05 am (Feb 27, March 5, March 12, March 19, March 26, April 9, April 16, April 23) (with Rose and Hannah).
- 4th and 5th Grade – “The Final Countdown: a Tribute to Planet Earth” - Practices will be Wednesdays 7:30-8.05 am (Feb 26, March 4, March 11, March 18, March 25, April 8, April 15, April 22) (with Sara and Laila).
- Featured MCs – Auditions will be held on Friday February 21st 7.45 to 8.20 am (follow-up meetings will be scheduled as needed depending on the complexity of the assigned part) (all Directors).
- Off-Stage Crew – Introductory meeting will be held on March 23rd 7:45 to 8:20 am (follow-up meetings will be scheduled as needed).
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Block Rehearsals: April 20 - 22: Block rehearsals will take place the week of April 20. For example, acts 1-8 will practice on Monday AM, acts 9-16 will practice on Tuesday AM, etc. Each act will be assigned to attend one show rehearsal. If your child is in two acts they will attend whenever each act is assigned, according to order of the show.
Finale and Dress Rehearsal: ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND Thursday, April 23, 3:15-5.00 pm ("show opening" and "finale" practice) and Friday, April 24 3:15-5:30 pm, the dress rehearsal for the entire cast.
Music Submission Deadline is March 27, 2020: If your act will have an accompanying music, please upload the final edited and trimmed file by March 27, 2020 using the following Google Form: http://tpesfoundation.org/varietyshow-music. In case you need help with trimming music, please get in contact early on with us at firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline (editing fee: $10).
We need Parents Volunteers: We need at least 40 parent volunteers to make this show happen! Looking for volunteers: Props or Costume Assistance, Ticket Sales Coordinator, Off-Stage Performer Coordinators, Music Editors and Concessions Coordinator. Sign up genius link will be shared for volunteer opportunities.
Questions? Please email: email@example.com
Variety Show Directors are Kimber Szotko, Sara Gianella Weibel, Rose Ham, Hannah Wylie